British Queen Elizabeth II marked her Platinum Jubilee without her husband Prince Philip, who sadly passed away in April 2021.
The Queen, then Princess Elizabeth first fell in love with Prince Philip in 1939 when she met him aged just 13, according to her former press secretary Dickie Arbiter.
Prince Philip and Princess Elizabeth’s engagement was announced in 1947 after a royal tour around South Africa.
- Mobile Web Ghana’s Africa Digital Skills Conference 2023 Records Outstanding Participation
- ‘Oppenheimer’ takes top honours at HPA Awards
- Strongman – Chilling ft. King Paluta (Official Video)
- Prince Amoah’s New Album ‘Secret Camera’ Is Out!!!
- King Charles ‘plan’ to abdicate sparks reactions
The royal engagement was made public as Prince Philip presented Elizabeth a diamond ring he had designed himself.
However, it is reported that Prince Philip actually proposed his sweetheart Elizabeth at Balmoral in 1946.
The Princess father King George VI told his daughter and Prince Philip not to make the news about their marriage public until Elizabeth was 21 years old.