How to Upload Music to Apple Music
How to Upload Music to Apple Music
Apple music is a platform you should know if you enjoy music; it’s one of the most widely used streaming services available. And for good reason—thanks to its user-friendly layout, effective music discovery tools, and sizable song catalog, it’s a top pick for millions of people all over the world.
Apple Music is the preferred music-listening software for iOS users. Yet even if you’re not, you can still use other operating systems to access the service.
Apple Music offers more than simply access to the platform’s content. You can add your own music files to the Apple Music library as an individual user.
You can upload your own music to the platform as an artist to gain exposure to people all around the world. It’s a fantastic method to broaden your audience and engage fresh listeners. You can use an aggregator or a digital distribution provider to release your music to Apple Music for public listening if you’re an artist or record label.
In the following situations, we’ll walk you through the processes to upload your music to Apple Music:
How to Upload Local Music to Your Apple Music Music Library
How to Upload Music to Apple Music As An Artist
READ ALSO: Desiigner – Bigger And Bigger (Official Music Video)
HOW TO UPLOAD LOCAL MUSIC TO APPLE MUSIC
On your Mac or Windows PC, you can only upload local music. Unfortunately, you cannot upload music to your phone, but once you have done it on a computer, you can sync the audio files.
If you have a Windows PC, you will first need to install iTunes from Apple’s official website. You’re in luck if you have a Mac because Apple Music is already installed. Keep in mind that you can only submit songs to Apple Music as MP3 or M4A files; not FLAC or WMV.
After everything is configured, you can begin adding your songs to your Apple Music collection. And do not fret. You can rest assured that your music is private because any tracks you publish will only be seen to you.
Now let’s get started with the Mac and Windows versions of Apple Music music upload instructions!
HOW TO UPLOAD MUSIC TO APPLE MUSIC ON A MAC
It’s simple to upload songs to Apple Music on a Mac. You can take the following actions:
- Open Apple Music on your Mac.
- From the menu bar, select the music file you want to upload.
- In the dropdown menu, select “upload.”
- Choose the music files you want to upload from your computer and click “Open.”
- Alternatively, you can drag and drop the music files into the Apple Music app’s interface.
- Once your upload is complete, your selected music files will be added to your Apple Music collection. Your songs are in the “Recently Added” or “Artists” sections.
READ ALSO: Tom Sizemore’s family is deciding end-of-life matters, rep reveals
HOW TO UPLOAD TO APPLE MUSIC VIA ITUNES ON A WINDOWS COMPUTER
As Apple Music doesn’t work on Windows, you won’t be able to access it directly from a Windows computer. But do not fret. iTunes still allows you to upload music! This is how:
- Open the iTunes app on your PC.
- Click on the menu bar in the upper left corner of the window.
- Choose “Add File to Library” or “Add Folder to Library” from the dropdown menu, depending on what you want to upload.
- Select the music files or folder you want to upload.
- iTunes will import the files into your iTunes library.
- Head to your iTunes library’s “Recently Added” or “Artists” tab to access your music.
HOW TO SYNC YOUR APPLE MUSIC FILES ON MOBILE DEVICES
Whether you’re using an iPad, iPhone, or Android device, you’ll be able to access your music from your phone once you’ve uploaded it to your Apple Music cloud storage.
- Tap Music > Preferences and then go to General > Sync Library.
- Choose OK to save the settings.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and go to the Music setting page.
- Toggle the Sync Library option on.