Credit card companies make money through a variety of ways, including:
- Interest charges: When credit card users carry a balance on their cards, they are charged interest on that balance. This interest is the primary way that credit card companies make money.
- Annual fees: Some credit cards charge an annual fee for the privilege of using the card.
- Late fees: If a credit card user fails to make a payment on time, they may be charged a late fee.
- Balance transfer fees: Credit card companies may charge a fee for transferring a balance from one card to another.
- Foreign transaction fees: Some credit cards charge a fee for transactions made outside of the cardholder’s home country.
- Merchant fees: When a credit card is used to make a purchase, the merchant is charged a fee by the credit card company.
- Cash advance fees: Credit card companies may charge a fee for cash advances taken on the card.
Overall, credit card companies make money through a combination of fees and interest charges, with the bulk of their revenue coming from interest charges on outstanding balances.
READ ALSO: How to print pictures from Iphone